We are seeking a HRIS/Payroll Coordinator to join our team.
This position provides day-to-day Human Resources Coordination, Information System and Payroll/Timekeeping maintenance and reporting. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position.
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Facilitates background checks.
- Coordinates teammate on boarding ensuring all proper resources and Hiring Manager responsibilities are met.
- Assures accurate and timely documentation of employee information, including new hire, changes and terminations.
- Maintains personnel records as directed; ensures that all required paperwork is complete and in compliance with Company policy and state and federal requirements.
- Generates standard letters, including employee credentialing verification and vendor responses.
- Provides/compiles data associated with audit requests.
- Ensures that changes that affect employee benefits are reported to the Benefits Department timely and accurately.
- Generates routine reports and performs necessary follow up.
- Processes all paperwork related to New Hires and Employee Status Changes (i.e. promotions, transfers, terminations, etc.) in HRIS and notifies Payroll Department per standard operating procedures; and, ensures that changes that affect employee benefits are reported to the Benefits Department timely and accurately.
- Reviews all relevant paperwork to ensure completeness and accuracy, making follow-up requests as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and monitoring the accuracy of data entered into the HRIS system.
- Documents internal processes and audit procedures to ensure data integrity of systems.
- Supports the establishment of HRIS and Payroll processes and procedures.
- Determine and set up for processing any required salary proration, retroactive pay, Paid Time Off payouts, severance pay and/or refunds/catch-ups for deductions related to any employee status changes.
- Paid Time Off entry into ADP Enhanced Time & Attendance module as necessary.
- Respond to all phone call and emails in a courteous and timely manner.
- Serves as a backup to the Payroll Manager.
- Answers telephone calls and e-mails in a professional and timely manner.
- Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
- Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control. Has solid knowledge of and guarantees compliance with: state and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, policies and procedures, and standards of performance.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
Education, Training And Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred.
One to two years related experience in HR, Payroll or Finance required. Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
- Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations related to Human Resources and payroll is preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems is required, including ADP HRIS products. Experience with ADP Workforce now and Enhanced Time strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments so that most important tasks are accomplished first.
- Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines, solve problems, and work under pressure
- Ability to complete work in accordance with established timelines.
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks. Strong attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills engaging internal and external parties, with the ability to work effectively within HR departments.
- Demonstrates concern for all aspects of the job and accurately checks processes and tasks to ensure quality output.
- Ability to maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and the HRIS-related vendors/third parties.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pay rates, percentages, and summaries.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of abstract variables.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.