job summary: Staff Accountant
The top Ocean Logistics Transportation company in the United States is seeking a Staff Accountant. The ideal Staff Accountant will have a minimum of two years of experience as a staff accountant, possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, and be able to speak, read, and write English and Spanish at an intermediate level preferred. Step into the role of Staff Accountant where you will be responsible for intercompany transactions, assist during month and month-end close, and assist with financials. If you are looking for a Staff Accountant position with room to grow please contact Kourtney Kadrich at 713.273.7426 or email her at email@example.com
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $46,000 - 52,000 per year
work hours: 7 to 4,9 to 6,8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Job Duties:
- Record transactions and approved journal entries.
- Reconcile assigned General Ledger accounts.
- Maintain documentation and schedules to support General Ledger account balances.
- Provide support to the Accounting Manager during the month-end close process.
- Perform variance analysis for assigned accounts (period vs. period and actual vs. budget).
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and SOX regulations.
- Identify and recommend process and policy improvements.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
qualifications: Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of related experience in accounting or finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookup, advanced formulas).
- Experience with ERP Systems such as Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliations, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.