The Staff Accountant will be responsible for daily accounting functions such as data entry, account reconciliations, maintaining supporting documents and schedules, and other duties as requested by the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will possess a since of urgency, work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and have a strong desire to grow within the company.
- Record transactions and approved journal entries.
- Reconcile assigned General Ledger accounts.
- Maintain documentation and schedules to support General Ledger account balances.
- Provide support to the Accounting Manager during the month-end close process.
- Perform variance analysis for assigned accounts (period vs. period and actual vs. budget).
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and SOX regulations.
- Identify and recommend process and policy improvements.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of related experience in accounting or finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookup, advanced formulas).
- Experience with ERP Systems such as Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.