Senior Accountant - North Hills, NY
- This is a contract roles expected to last 1 year.
Senior Accountant - Job Duties:
- Ensure the integrity of financial information in compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP) and company policy.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the month-end close, including balance sheet reconciliations and roll forwards, internal reporting and analysis of the Balance Sheet and P&L, corporate reporting requirements, etc.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place, and monitor the effectiveness of such controls, to maintain an internal control structure that enables accurate accounting and reporting of all financial transactions.
- Monitor various business and operating metrics to aide in daily operational decisions.
- This role requires in-depth knowledge of GAAP and general accounting operations, combined with exquisite critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Additionally, this role requires a strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, effective problem-solving skills and dynamic decision-making abilities. Working effectively with others is significant.
- Play an integral role in the monthly financial close process by processing and reviewing the necessary journal entries and performing the required variance analysis.
- Ensure accuracy and timelines with adherence to the 3-day month-end close deadline.
- Reconcile and review balance sheet reconciliations, roll forwards, internal financial statements, and financial information provided to the business, corporate tax team, external auditors, corporate accounting, finance, etc.
- Resolve issues timely and ensure balances are properly supported and explained.
- Ensure all accounting procedures, records, and reports conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Interpret the meaning of financial information obtained and make accounting adjustments accordingly through preparation of journal entries (areas expected to include - but not limited to - COGS, G&A, PP&E, etc.).
- Partner with other departments for financial statement reviews and ensure adherence to internal controls.
- Facilitate information requests with operating teams.
- Review and analyze daily and monthly activities for accuracy providing recommendations when opportunities for improvement are presented.
- Eliminate non-value add/non-essential tasks. Increase efficiency.
- Oversee special projects as assigned and other research/support/data requests tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting operations, finance and financial statements.
- Strong accounting, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with teams within the business.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet multiple strict deadlines.
- Self-starter, high energy, results oriented, detail oriented, organized, professional demeanor.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, growing and demanding environment.
- Willing and able to travel to field locations and corporate entities as needed.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Accounting experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of month-end close processes and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, Oracle, SAP, Hyperion/Essbase, and Blackline