Randstad is partnering with one of the world's leading non-profit social marketing organizations based in DC. This organization is looking to shape, shift, and help empower healthcare.
The Finance team is looking for an experienced manager to lead the donor reporting, accounts receivable and revenue recognition teams. This wonderful client has a large group of funders that provide diversified funding sources that bring with them the challenge of adhering to multiple regulations. This position will ensure that revenue is properly recognized, donor reporting complies with funder requirements and funding is properly applied as well as special projects. Given the complexity of this position, this dynamic individual will be well organized, a good communicator, can multi-task and possess solid risk radar ensuring the organization continues to do what is right.
- Manages the complete operation of accurately preparing all funder reporting to be prepared at headquarters.
- Manages cash receipts, unidentified receipts, accounts receivable cash application, and the coordination with Regional Support Team of the collection of overdue balances;
- Coordinates with program staff to ensure all agreements, contributions and pledges receivable are recorded accurately;
- Identifies department inefficiencies and implements process improvements;
- Manages the team of accountants and interacts with the whole Finance team to resolve reporting, payment or accounting problems;
- Performs month/year end closing process and account reconciliations;
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate internal controls over operations;
- Participates in the annual audit and program audits; and
- This position will supervise a team of accountants.
- 4-year accounting or related degree or equivalent experience, CPA highly desirable;
- 6+ years of accounting and supervisory experience in reporting, accounts receivable, public accounting, government contracting or non-profit environment;
Salary range up to $110,000 and/or commensurate with education and experience.