Randstad Professional is working with a client that has an immediate need for a Demand Planner. The ideal candidate must have direct hands-on experience within the retail/distribution industry. In addition to having big box retail experience.
The Demand Planner must be detail oriented and highly motivated. The Demand Planner must have the ability to balance multiple priorities, source data from multiple systems and departments, and synthesize large amounts of information to develop accurate and actionable reporting and forecasting.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for working with sales to support the forecasting process, incorporating business intelligence, new product development, marketing, and shipment history. The Demand Planner is responsible for reducing forecast error and ensuring an accurate buy/procurement plan is developed. The Demand Planner will ensure there is enough new product inventory available to ship when retailers need items but not be left with excess inventory at the end of the season/year.
- Prepares sales forecasts and collects and analyzes data to evaluate current sales goals.
- Build an overlay forecast, customer forecast and plug in actual Point-of- Sale (POS) data and then analyze data and tell the story.
- Analyze sales forecasts, review historical sales, trends, and redefine forecast goals ensuring accuracy.
- Interact with upper management to understand demand forecast drivers
- Continuously work with sales teams to build and validate plans for items listed with key customers.
- Review POS data and reporting weekly to measure gains against the plans and propose adjustments.
- Monitor and coordinate customer changes and demands and update team to ensure all inventory is available and deadlines are met.
- Review POS reports and work with external analytics service to supplement and validate forecast.
- Researches and evaluates current economic conditions that may affect the organization's ability to sell its products or services in the marketplace.
- Recommends changes to current sales techniques, procedures or promotional efforts based on market research and new trends.
- Provide supply chain support
- Purchasing of product by identifying master item BOM and the lead times to ensure production requirements are met and long lead time components can be purchased ahead of finished goods PO commitment.
- Prepare and present reports, charts, and tables detailing trend factors to help inform the leadership team during sales meetings.
- Compose and distribute forecast performance reports as part of the Supply Chain Flash.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to conduct root cause analysis and correction of top forecast accuracy issues.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for Planning, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Ensure input accuracy from sales
- Maintain forecasts and weekly reporting
- Create the best demand-driven statistical baseline forecast possible based on understanding different statistical models.
- BBA in business and /or computer science or a relevant field is required
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in a demand planning role is required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills is a MUST (pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Proficient with ERP software, Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Mail, etc.) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to create and use simple macros.
- Proven experience utilizing large amounts of data to prepare actionable reports
- Must have understanding of the supply chain from vendor PO to shipping of goods to store level receipts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities and attention to detail