Accounts Payable Clerk - Thorofare, NJ
- This is a contract role expected to last 7 months.
Accounts Payable Clerk - Job Duties:
- Responsible for supporting the accounts payable activities in the facility, performing tasks requiring quick resolution of issues.
- Performs daily accounts payable activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports.
- Responsible for preparing all payables and completing all standard operating procedures as required.
- Makes calls to vendors to clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or signatures; calls department for proper information and or data regarding invoice payments.
- Facilitates the payment process by ensuring all required documentation is accompanied with the payment request.
- Takes phone calls and responds to any questions from departments or vendors as it relates to invoice payments.
- Maintains frequent contact with internal and external customers in order to address all payment issues.
- Assists other corporate associates and the Regional Director of Finance.
- May assist other Accounts Payable Clerks in departmental initiatives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Secondary Education in a related field (Finance / Accounting / Business) and / or experience in Accounts Payable
- Key Job Related Experience (at least one)
- Expense invoice processing- General ledger coding, Workflow routing, Verification, email management
- Collections (Accounts Receivable)- tracking, verifying, evaluating data, proven ability to obtain payment or organize payment plans, strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Variance / Error resolution- 3 way match- PO matching, discrepancy resolution, strong communication (written and verbal)
- EDI (electronic invoice) Processing / Error resolution- understanding of the Electronic Invoice process, MAP, various EDI doc Types (810s, 812s, 850 etc).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel- Pivot tables, Vlookup, IF formulas
- Comfortable with high volume and fast paced work environment (more than 100 transactions per day and email volume)