Do you love working with numbers? Are you a self-starter and have a superb ability to pay attention to details? If so we are looking for you. We're hiring a Senior Accountant to join the team for a large publicly traded Fortune 400 distribution company in South San Francisco.
As a Senior Accountant you will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager. Senior Accountant's responsibilities are to ensure that corporate transactions are properly reflected in the company's general ledger on a timely basis in accordance with GAAP. Also you will ensure that SOX controls and reporting requirements placed on a public company are properly executed.
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries for recurring expenses, accruals, prepayments, allocated expenses, and adjusting entries.
- Run the consolidation process and ensure elimination and consolidation entries are properly recorded.
- Assist with the balance sheet and income statement Variance Analysis for management reporting.
- Collaborate with FP&A and other cross-functional departments to ensure completeness of operating expenses.
- Assist with external audit requests and PBC items for the quarterly and year-end audits.
- 4+? years of accounting experience, with relevant month end close experience
- Must understand basic accounting concepts, including a good working knowledge of GAAP relative to Contingencies, balance sheet classifications, etc.
- Intermediate / Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Bachelor's degree in Business with a major in Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP accounting systems preferred?
Call to action
To apply please email resume in word format to email@example.com