Escrow Assistant - Tempe, AZ
- This is a contract role expected to last 3 months.
Escrow Assistant - Job Duties:
Prior to Closing:
- Order payoffs and final utilities for files; verify payoffs match title commitments.
- Handle all file requirements prior to closing, including but not limited to liens, judgments, and bankruptcy requirements
- Obtain most past and present tax information; ensure current taxes have not been paid.
- Order and follow-up on HOA letters, bylaws, financials, and irrigation.
- Obtain commission information on the real estate agents involved in the transaction.
- Disburse files and verify receipt and accuracy of wires.
- Prepare Power of Attorneys and Quit Claim Deeds when necessary.
- Maintain communication with the Escrow Officer regarding status of the file.
- Handle walk-ins or phone calls when Escrow Officer is unavailable.
- Help other assistants and fill in as receptionist as needed.
- Assist with entering figures from lender.
- Assist with printing documents for closing.
- Print checks for closing.
- Assist with faxing figures to lenders/Realtors.
- Clean out file for shipping of loan package, recordings, follow-up on any money held in escrow, etc.
- Prepare closed out file for scanning.
- 1 - 3 years experience required. Recent, concrete finance experience.