Are you a Super Star Auditor? We have partner with a fast growing organization in the Hampton Roads area! Our client is looking to expand their internal audit team.This is an opportunity to work with Top Management and be part of something big that will shape your long term career!
location: Hampton, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 78,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Maintains an understanding of the financial, operational, and technology processes, risks and controls related to business, specifically for the area under review.
- Develops relationship with audit stakeholders and aligns audit projects based on stakeholders objective of the area under review.
- Demonstrates an ability to identify key risks and proactively identifies leading practices for the audit area.
- Prepares and communicates audit plan, develops audit engagement budget and timelines, supervises and/or executes audit field work with minimum to moderate supervision.
- Proactively manages or assists in managing audit lifecycle (e.g. scheduling midpoint meeting, internal status meetings, related agendas).
- Develop test steps for the area under review commensurate with the nature of risk and risk levels.
- Perform audit projects in accordance with departmental and Institute of Internal Auditors standards.
- Communicates roles and expectations for project team at the start of the project and enforces accountability of project deliverables, hours, cost, and cycle time.
- Assists in monitoring team's performances and workload. Proactively develops appropriate initial resolutions to audit obstacles to be discussed with project sponsor.
- Demonstrates ability to outline the facts around potential issues, prepare draft audit report and discuss internally and with stakeholders.
- Assists in developing the 'why do we care' for audit issues and collaborates with stakeholders and project team to develop meaningful recommendations for the audit projects.
- Assists in developing other IA deliverables i.e. local/regional regulators requests, board materials.
- Applies process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques when planning an audit, performing walkthroughs, and identifying effective test steps.
- Maintains curiosity and exercises professional skepticism.
- Upholds and promotes professional ethics.
- Continuously expands knowledge of data analytics and use of technology to enhance audit testing, identify opportunities for continuous monitoring and repeatable test plans.
- Capable of performing intermediate level data analytics functions within Excel or equivalent applications (e.g. Access, Tableau, ACL), and leverages, contributes, and improves the data analytics library.
- Identifies efficiencies and opportunities for enhancing internal audit delivery.
- Assists with updating the internal audit standards and templates.
- Provides constructive and timely feedback and assists in identifying development opportunities for individual team members.
- Coaches team members to enhance their competence and professional development.
- 1 - 3 Years of Internal/External Audit experience required
- CPA/ CIA highly prefered
- BS in Accounting or higher
- Ability to travel domestically and international 25% of year
***Compensation is based on experience, education, and certifications.
skills: Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.