A leading health care organization in the Peninsula is seeking the ideal Payroll Specialist to join their payroll department.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 0 Years
The Payroll Specialist will report to the Payroll Manager. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll. Responsibilities include timely data entry, record keeping, reporting, and payroll system administration.
Payroll Specialist responsibilities:
- Ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Ensures bi-weekly timecards are reviewed, audited and exported from the time keeping system to payroll processing system
- Prepares the Company's payroll including the calculation of wages, overtime, benefit deductions and other deductions to ensure compliance with federal and applicable state laws
- Identify and research errors in payroll checks and resolve basic payroll discrepancies
The Payroll Specialist will have:
- 2+ years relevant experience with payroll processing
- Able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Must be able to work well under deadlines
- Must be extremely detail oriented
This position will offer plenty of opportunity for professional and personal growth. The company is prepared to offer the Payroll Specialist a competitive salary and full range of benefits.
skills: Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.