We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant for one of our large Financial Services clients. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing all accounting, including revenue recognition, expense recording, and timely reporting of financial statements and other financial data in accordance with applicable SEC, U.S., GAAP, statutory and regulatory requirements. This is a six month project and could be extended.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Ensures the preparation of accurate, reliable, and timely reporting of financial statements and other financial data in accordance with applicable SEC, U.S., GAAP, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps abreast of changes to accounting requirements to ensure ongoing compliance. Develops and implements company wide accounting policies in conformance with GAAP and current accounting pronouncements.
- Support the monthly accounting close cycle .
- Provide accounting guidance and support to the regions and business units
- Ensure consistency of accounting for the transactions and agreements among all regions and business units
- Monitor accounting for agreements for compliance with company policies, procedures and related accounting literature
- Work closely with many individuals in Worlwide Finance, regions and business units to gather information for analyses
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and designation of Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred or Advanced degree.
- 3+ years of experience with broad knowledge of public and private accounting
- Proficient PC skills, especially MS Excel, and strong analytical skills
- Provide assistance with financial reporting or special projects as needed
- Excellent working knowledge of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle and MS Office software