Performs financial accounting, including maintaining general ledger, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliation, compiling financial and management reports, and reconciling reports and financial data, in accordance with Company guidelines, client needs, and legislative requirements.
- Manages the month end and year end closing process, including preparation and input of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and revenue summaries.
- Distributes monthly financial statements, researches and resolves income statement discrepancies, and responds to branch inquiries and requests.
- Audits financial statements for review by outside auditors.
- Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of internal accounting systems and policies and procedures to ensure operations are in compliance with regulations and reporting requirements.
- Serves as the contact for inquiries, problems and exceptions related to the review of account reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- 3 to 5 years of related accounting experience.
- Proficient PC skills including intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with General Ledger software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.