Manages and supervises all activities necessary to process and oversee the bi-weekly payroll activities including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, involuntary deductions, such as levies and garnishments, etc.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience payroll experience in a health care environment preferred
- Strong knowledge of payroll taxes and ERISA, HIPPA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, FLSA and ADA.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to payroll.
- ADP PC payroll for Windows and timekeeping systems or similar payroll systems experience required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office product experience including Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to act with integrity, honest and ethics and follow legal requirements at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to use analysis to solve complex payroll issues.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exhibits helpful, professional and courteous attitude.
- Ability to respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and management.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under time constraints.
- SPHR, PHR or CEBS or CPP or other professional payroll designations preferred.
Associate's degree required, a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, management, accounting, business or finance preferred