A busy hospital client is in need of 2 medicare/medicaid billing specialist for their busy patient accounting office. Located in Boston, this role is a contract to hire and will start immediately.
As a Medical Biller, your responsibilities will include:
- Daily management of the assigned portion of the accounts receivable,
- Timely review and resolution of edits to ensure timely submission of claims to the payer
- Daily submission or follow up of third party claims
- Timely follow-up and resolution of outstanding claim balances, denial management
- Reviews and resolves credit balances
- Informs senior staff of billing issues/trends
- Operates on multiple systems as assigned. (ie Claim scrubber, Billing Systems)
- Facilitates the interpretation of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and follows up as needed.
- Posts payments and adjustments not automatically processed by the practice management system; validates payments and adjustments automatically processed by practice management system.
- Corrects procedure and diagnosis coding on claims held by claim scrubber. Confirms diagnosis and procedures with nurses and physicians to ensure information is correct; adds correct modifiers as needed.
The ideal Medical Biller will have 1-3 years experience in medical billing as well as:
- Medicare/Medicaid billing/claims experience
- EPIC experience
- Thorough knowledge of EOBs
- Immediate availability and able to commit to a 3-4 month contract period
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
We offer a generous hourly compensation ($17-20/hr, depending on experience), medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as 401K plan. Located on public transportation, this role has a schedule of M-F from 8:00am-4:30pm.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to email@example.com or via our website at www.randstadusa.com