One of the leading multi-family home builders in California is looking for a Project Accountant to join and grow within their team. The Project Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller and assist in the day-to-day activities and various responsibilities within the Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced, construction accounting environment.
Project Accountant responsibilities:
- Prepare final billing package to clients, including all applicable backup for approval by Billing Manager.
- Review job cost, code and enter AP invoices for project billing
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications.
- Remain in constant communications with Clients, Subcontractors, Sub-tiers, and Suppliers accounting staff to resolve and maintain monthly billing issues and approvals.
- Knowledgeable in pre-liens and lien release processes.
Project Accountant requirements:
- Experience in the Construction Industry and Job Costing required.
- Knowledgeable of financial reporting including Work-In-Progress (WIP).
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong communication, organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills.
This position will offer plenty of opportunity for professional and personal growth. The company is prepared to offer the Project Accountant a competitive salary and full range of benefits.