Are you a skilled Accounts Payable professional looking for a new opportunity? Do you pay careful attention to details and complete your work with precision?
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Client's Accounting Team in the Greater Nashville area.
If you have a positive, can-do attitude you will fit right in with the small team. In addition to technical skills, you need to bring a variety of soft skills to the table, including communication abilities and willingness to develop new processes to create efficiency.
location: Franklin, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
As an accounts payable specialist, you will update and maintain records for over 100 existing accounts and assist with invoicing. You will work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors in the manufacturing industry. In addition, you will also process, review and assure that payments are sent, both internally and externally.
- Paying vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree or bachelor's a plus
- Previous accounting experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- Familiarity with common accounting software such as QuickBooks or Oracle
- Strong communication skills and customer service mindset required
Apply directly or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.