Accounting Assistant - City of Industry, CA
- This is a contract role expected to last 6 months.
Accounting Assistant - Job Duties:
- Balance and reconcile batch control totals with source documents or computer listings in order to locate errors, encode correct amounts, or prepare correction records.
- Prepare itemized statements, ills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Reconcile and post receipts for cash received by various departments.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data and keeping other records concerning costs and shipments.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software. Education/Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
- 0-2 years financial and/or accounting experience required.