Large financial institution is currently seeking a Senior Accountant with strong Corporate tax experience and ideally with income tax and capital gains experience. This is a 12 month engagement with potential for extension and is available for immediate hire.
Primary Responsibilities of Senior Accountant:
- Prepares, reviews, and presents corporate financial results; assists with various accounting and financial reporting tasks; streamlines and improves efficiency of reporting and processes.
- Completes audit and regulatory requirements; researches complex accounting matters; analyzes and addresses period operating results compared to prior period and budget; completes ad hoc analyses.
- Demonstrates an exceptional standard of quality involving accuracy, attention to detail, organization and self-review skills, thoughtful analysis and problem-solving, effective collaborating skills, and accountability for excellent results.
- Corporate tax experience ideally income tax and capital gains.
- Corporate tax experience required
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with partnership investment fund accounting is highly preferred in the Private Equity (PE) group.
- Ideally seeking candidates with strong Corporate tax experience ideally with income tax and capital gains.
- The individual will be expected to work up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively partner with the global finance team.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting and/or corporate tax.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree; CPA with Big 4 experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, especially advanced in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc) and experience with an enterprise accounting system (such as SAP).
- GAAP and SEC reporting experience is preferred but not required
- General knowledge of mutual funds or experience in the investment management industry is preferred but not required.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume as a MS Word attachment to Layne Fisher: email@example.com