We are a media company based in Wash DC dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. We are currently seeking a proactive and resourceful Accounting Supervisor to be responsible for all accounting activity for the business-units under management.
We are strategically designed to meet the unique needs of our community. This company's innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 60 million worldwide each month.
Salary for this position is $80,000 - 100,000 + bonus.
If interested in applying please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
The Accounting Supervisor will:
- Manage all general ledger activity as well as the month-end close process (including some preparation and review of all close reconciliations)
- Oversee contract review to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Manage billing and collections, as well as assist in capital management
- Complete tax preparation and filing activities
- Analyze balance sheet KPI trends
- Manage audits
The ideal candidate will possess a CPA License and will have successfully advanced their career while managing a team in a high growth environment.
- Actively contributes to, and continues to build, the team and corporate culture.
- Effective in setting and meeting deadlines and helps staff to meet their objectives.
- Capable of taking on new areas of responsibility with minimal oversight.
- Produces quality work free of errors and mistakes.
- Comfortable working on several projects across multiple business-units simultaneously.
- Thrives in an ever-changing environment - rapidly mastering tasks and creating new systems to automate workflow and increase efficiency.
- Commitment to building, training, and managing an engaged successful team of employees at different career levels.
- Goes beyond monthly close to help management identify key financial trends to improve business performance.
skills: CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.