The Collection Specialist is responsible for reconciling past due accounts each month. Using the telephone, email or fax to research and resolve customer billing issues, send collection letters when appropriate and ultimately receive past due payments on accounts.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 41,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- The collector is expected to independently contact collection accounts daily, primarily by phone, to collect the past due amounts.
- Follows outlined written procedures and uses independent judgment to determine appropriate collection steps.
- Use systems to document the activity of individual customer accounts and on an ''as needed'' basis, work with the other departments such as Sales and Billing to resolve billing issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferable or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of business to business collections and accounts receivable experience, including knowledge of account reconciliation.
- Customer service experience is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft office and Excel skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Great follow-through skills, the ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
skills: Credit Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.