Sr. Internal Auditor - Underwriting
International Insurance Company is seeking a Sr. Internal Auditor with heavy experience in Underwriting. This position will sit in their Midtown Manhattan office.
This individual will assist the Sr. Manager and conduct independent underwriting audits for all lines of business. Summarize findings in reports and provide accurate recommendations to affected business.
This is a full time permanent position with competitive salary, bonus, and benefits.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities include:
- Conduct assigned internal audits
- Develop and maintain appropriate audit criteria based upon specific underwriting authority delegated to each subsidiary and their respective underwriters
- Review files, analyzing quality and selection, quoting, pricing, and insurance of new and renewal business to determine if it is in accordance with Company's current underwriting guidelines
- Write clear and concise audit reports including findings and recommendations
- Work with affected underwriting operations to develop responses and necessary actions responsive to audit findings
- Maintain written responses to audit findings and follow-up until all issues have been resolved
- Possible Travel up to 25%
qualifications: Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience preferably within the insurance industry
- Must have in depth knowledge of the underwriting function and insurance coverages
- Strong knowledge of current state and federal regulatory environments
- Well developed ability to explain decisions to others and negotiate appropriate solutions
- Effective organization and workload management skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Proven ability to work independently
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, or a related discipline
- Prior auditing experience required
Click to apply.
skills: Underwriting, Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.