Actuary - Remote or onsite
A Fortune 100 company that offers a full range of insurance and financial services across the country, as well as administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and specialty health services.
Randstad is partnering with this industry leader to help them find an Actuary for a long-term position in the fast growing job market of Columbus, OH!
** THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTE ANYWHERE IN THE US! **
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5,8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
The Actuary will assist with annuity inforce profitability analysis while also helping to evaluate rate lock costs.
In addition, the Actuary
- Assist with SPIA model conversion to facilitate streamlined, quick rate setting process.
- Build, maintain, run, and analyze actuarial Models, using good knowledge of actuarial projection and/or valuation models such that the models can be optimized to support multiple applications
- Perform financial reporting & analysis
- Perform pricing of products
- Perform the analysis of risks for lines of business
- Helps establish and understand reserves using in-depth knowledge and application of statutory, GAAP, and tax valuation standards for products.
- Requires strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong actuarial modeling skills required (ALFA and/or Axis preferred)
- Strong technical skills (Excel, SQL, etc.) required
- Excellent communication skills are critical, particularly when speaking to non-technical audiences
- Experience with Indexed Annuities and SPIAs preferred
- Model conversion experience preferred.
- Annuity rate setting experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar background requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis.
- 6+ years of Actuarial experience and Actuarial Council approval
- Master/Expert in Microsoft Office products (including VBA within Access and Excel), programming languages and Actuarial models.
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with YOUR ATTACHED RESUME
I will contact you as soon as possible!
For further information, contact:
Curios who Randstad is?? We are the largest publicly traded staffing firm in USA!
Learn more at www.randstadusa.com
skills: MS Office, Finance Model, Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.