A large financial institution is currently seeking a Senior Writer to work with their Creative Design Marketing Team. The ideal candidate demonstrates a lot of initiative, and possesses strong financial writing skills and experience in the financial and/or investment sector, as well as experience with financial investment knowledge/experience and experience writing pitchbook/sales collateral materials for RIAs/High Networth clients. Must be able to produce 3-4 writing samples. This is a 6 month engagement and is available for immediate hire.
Responsibilities of the Senior Writer:
Skills and Experience:
- Revises and repurposes existing content. Updates materials to reflect current tone, statistics and time frames. Ensures content adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Recommends revisions to communications to ensure alignment with organizational tone and current industry practice.
- Develops original content. Collaborates with content stakeholders to understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives, and themes for content. Researches statistical, product, audience, and other relevant information to successfully complete writing assignments. Utilizes online information, statistical databases, and research library. May conduct interviews with senior business leaders and investment professionals. Writes original content for communications, including, but not limited to, marketing materials, reports on markets and portfolios, articles, and topical pieces for various audiences. Ensures content aligns with business goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Translates content for delivery in multiple channels, utilizing the content management tool to develop individualized sets and elements and to tag for search engine optimization. May synthesize input from sources with diverse perspectives to create content representative of collective contributors; may provide rationale for content decisions to senior team members.
- Liaises with other business groups. Collaborates with Marketing and other business groups on larger campaigns or initiatives to ensure alignment with project objectives. May serve as creative lead on development and distribution of broad communication efforts to update, educate and provide direction to regionally-specific associate populations.
- Keeps abreast of company, industry and regulatory changes, and internal initiatives
- Manages writing projects. Collaborates with others to guide process and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner. Ensures changes in content and schedules are communicated to the appropriate associates within the project work group and any other relevant areas. Acts as the primary contact for a project's reviewers during circulations. May collaborate with the Designer to develop layout and concepts.
- Seeking a senior-level writer with 7 to 10 years experience. Corporate experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Financial investment knowledge/experience with strong knowledge of digital design, ADA Guidelines, user interaction design, and Agile or Waterfall project management experience.
- Requires at least 5 years of financial writing experience in a creative, corporate environment
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree and experience a plus
- Experience in search native ad copy is a plus
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
-Experience developing content for social media and digital channels. (Targeting High net worth clients/RIAs).
-Write and adapt content for RIA and HNW websites, email campaigns and social promotions.
- Experience in search/native ad copy is a plus.
$65 per hour
Must Provide 3 to 4 Writing Samples
For immediate consideration, please contact Layne Fisher at 404-942-4619 or email your resume as a MS Word attachment to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.