job summary: JOB SUMMARY
The ideal candidate will assist with overseeing the global control environment helping to improve our accounting operations through risk management, controls, and policy setting. The successful candidate will have a strong accounting background. They will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong working relationship with our global and regional Finance teams serving as a liaison for members at all levels throughout the organization. This person will also possess sound judgement helping to identify and remediate control deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement as they relate to the Company's key internal controls.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $93,000 - 103,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Risk and Compliance
(30% of role)
- Ensure a robust financial control environment exists for all key locations through the development and maintenance of policies and procedures that addresses critical financial risks.
- Work with Internal Audit to establish and maintain our Risk and Controls Matrix while at the same time help to ensure that current controls are embedded into normal day-to-day processes and procedures.
- Help to maintain and administer the Company's global financial policies.
- Using our Agile system, support processes and assist with the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Work Instructions (WI's) for the Oracle ERP Global system implementation.
- Track, monitor and report metrics related to required risk and compliance processes.
(25% of role)
Internal Control Audits and Reviews
- Collaborate with the corporate and regional finance teams to identify, address and remediate high risk, material accounting and finance control deficiencies through a formal communication and reporting process.
- Provide internal controls related knowledge and guidance to Finance and Operations SOX 404 Leads in each of our key regions.
- Work with the Oracle ERP implementation team to ensure that the worldwide deployment of the system is appropriately assessed from a risk compliant standpoint ensuring all key aspects of internal control and global Company policies are being standardized and appropriately adhered too.
(25% of role)
Training and Development
- Assist Internal Audit with SOX testing for identified areas and locations of the business based on a risk/materiality assessment.
- Assist in internal control issues identified providing root cause analysis (including deficiency exposures) and providing recommendations for improvements to the design of existing financial processes and procedures.
- Perform internal control reviews to assess the compliance of departments as well as individual employees.
(20% of role)
- Implement global education and training programs to ensure employees have adequate awareness and understanding of internal control standards and requirements.
- Work with the Technical Accounting Team at Corporate HQ to provide technical guidance; advise and training to our Corporate and Regional Finance teams on any existing or future changes in accounting standards and requirements under US GAAP.
qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in analyzing/implementing various regulations and policies in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP at the CooperVision local, regional and corporate levels as well as at the TCC corporate level.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint) as well as general PC expertise.
- Must have excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills - the role will require interaction with a wide range of fellow employees, senior leaders, as well as auditors.
- Ability to independently research, analyze and interpret data.
- Flexibility in handling conflicting priorities working under strict deadlines.
- Sound independent judgement.
- High attention to detail along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Big 4 experience is highly preferred
skills: Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.