Senior Staff Accountant - Financial Reporting
Large distribution company, Seacoast of NH
Reports to: Controller
Compensation: 70-80k plus a bonus
Job Summary: This position will analyze various accounting/ financial data for one or more business units, locations and products. Assess financial requirements, develops and implements systems to meet financial objectives. Your day will range from basic accounting and analytical tasks to interpreting financial reports- while focusing on compliance guidelines and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business.
- Some management experience is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel and Word a must, Access a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- CPA or some time with a public accounting firm desired.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact well within all departments and at all levels.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the industry.
- Some employee oversight.
- Prepare and evaluate balance sheet and income statement information, evaluating variances and trends to report to management.
- Proactively consults with management on financial and business issues.
- Perform month-end journal entries and reconciliations to ensure the consistency and accuracy of assigned strategic business functions.
- Evaluate profit margin and inventory information for financial reporting.
- Working with other staff members (including providing direction and assistance) as well as other departments to ensure internal consistency.
- Identify key trends and analysis for upper management in order to make key business decisions.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications , please send your resume along in Word format to: Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org 617-651-3306