TEMP TO HIRE opportunity for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER with a management consulting firm in downtown DC.
The Graphic Designer will develop, design, and execute a variety of products in print, online and email, for a spectrum of stakeholders from clients to prospective candidates to employees. This requires translating complex business concepts, goals, and initiatives in a deadline-driven environment into visually compelling design to drive desired business outcomes.
- Create and produce publications and marketing materials, including white papers, polished client presentation decks, newsletters, corporate and candidate brochures, and displays for trade shows, career fairs, and conferences.
- Design PowerPoint presentations and templates for consulting engagements, including development of business graphics (e.g., charts, illustrations, etc.) and related materials.
- Design infographics for print, online and digital publications, including drawing and printing charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork. Review, select, and edit photos and images for design projects.
- Design and deliver engaging email campaigns using proven marketing techniques.
- Establish and adhere to company's visual corporate identity across Avascent's brands through elements such as logos, typeface, and style guide. Provide design guidance to staff on individual projects and initiatives that reflect brand unity.
- Design and manage MS Word templates for a range of company-wide use, including memos, proposal templates, and other common business documents.
- Publish and update website content and landing pages; design web banners and graphics; create and maintain wireframes.
- Liaise with commercial printers and vendors to communicate project requirements, gather bids, package artwork, and assemble final layout for fulfillment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to translate business concepts and requirements into effective visual communications.
- Demonstrated ability and versatility to execute varying design projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Competence and comfort maintaining multiple priorities, projects and deliverables with demanding deadlines.
- Exhibits constant pursuit of innovative design such as in typography, visual communications, and media formats.
- Collaborates effectively with various stakeholders to bring concepts and ideas to creative delivery. Ability to interact effectively with diverse array of internal and external stakeholders in various countries and time zones.
- Self-starter with the tenacity to see initiatives through to the end; relentless drive for quality throughout the design and production process.
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Desire to work in a business/for-profit environment.
- In addition, general knowledge of and interest in the industries served by Avascent (e.g., defense, space) and the broader US government policy environment is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Established portfolio of business-to-business print and digital marketing collateral;
- At least three (3) years' related design and marketing experience;
- At least a Bachelor's degree in design, fine arts or similar field; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.