job summary: Property Accountant Position Summary :
The Property Accountant is responsible for supporting property accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections accounting, CAM, billings, budgeting and financial reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet). Skills :
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in written form. Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Ability to learn and understand new software when required
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial real estate
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and time constraints on multiple task
- Team player, flexible, commitment to doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
location: Costa Mesa, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Essential Job Functions :
- Generates standard monthly and other applicable journal entries with supporting documentation (except those prepared by Property Accountant Specialists (PAS).
- Prepares and distributes monthly and quarterly financial statements and completes select schedules within prescribed deadlines.
- Prepares monthly conversions of financial statements for specific owners.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts as designated, including bank statements monthly. Follows up on reconciling items so they are clear and presented in a timely manner
- Monitors cash balances for investment purposes.
- Reviews and approves invoices for correct coding, amount, entity, and Property Manager approval within one to two working days. Also, questions and follows up on unusual items.
- Generates check requests for management fees, ground rent payments, etc., as applicable, in a timely manner.
- Reviews MRI to ensure A/R & A/P sub-ledgers tie to the general ledger.
- Monitors security deposits and refunds for appropriateness and ensures MRI amounts agree with general ledger.
- Codes miscellaneous cash receipts daily as applicable.
- Prepares annual operating budgets for the properties and distributes before stated times in management agreements in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Prepares select year-end work papers as designated on year-end financial statement checklist and reviews all year end financial statement reconciliations and submits to Assistant Controller for review before due to auditors.
- Works with appropriate MIS support to resolve issues relating to software (i.e. reports do not tie, etc.) and informs Assistant Controller of same.
- Maintains loan compliance and provides lender with appropriate required reports.
- Processes property tax payments in timely manner.
- Assists with outside auditors and special projects as needed
- Performs other job duties as may be assigned.
qualifications: Requirements :
- 2+ years of Property Accounting experience, or Accountant titles in the Real Estate/Property Management industry
- MRI Experience- or similar in ERP
- Bachelor's Degree preferred- 7+ years of experience in property also suffices
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of CAM's and cash flow projections
Click to apply.
skills: Property Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.