Location: Huntington Beach, CA
This position is responsible for the complete management, entry and accuracy of the trial balance, general ledger, financial statements, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations and monthly close process.
- Create, update and maintain the Chart of Accounts.
- Approve invoices for payment, including account coding and consistent posting of transactions.
- Create, update and maintain sub-ledgers including fixed assets, AR, AP and Inventory.
- Prepare, support, obtain approval and record general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile intercompany transactions and accounts monthly.
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts monthly.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare and accrue sales commissions monthly.
- Provide consistent, complete, accurate and timely financial statements.
- Analyze monthly account variances to budget and prior year.
- Manage accounts receivable credit applications and analyze aging, write-offs and allowances.
- Prepare AR, AP, inventory and accrued expense account analysis and reconciliations.
- File property, sales and use or other tax returns, schedules and reports.
- Update and maintain sales tax rate schedule changes by state.
- Supports external reporting, filing and other communications required by third parties.
- Interact with bank, tax, insurance, audit and other third parties as required.
- Manage physical and electronic files in a consistent, orderly and usable manner.
- Other analysis, projects and reporting as requested.
Requirements and Capabilities:
- Effective communication skills
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Great attitude and initiative
- Manufacturing and cost accounting experience, a plus
- Made 2 Manage software, a plus
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Excel, Word and related office software