Privately own company located in Broward county is currently seeking to add a Senior Accountant, this individual will be supporting the expansion of the accounting department reporting directly to the controller and responsible for leading multiple projects.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Prepares monthly financial statements in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles
- Account reconciliation and analysis
- Fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Payroll and payroll tax return preparation
- Understands and interprets payroll and income tax laws for federal, state and local governments.
- Assist the Controller in the annual budget preparation and analysis
- Prepare and analyze quarterly budgets for the various departments
- Assists the Controller in the annual audit and income tax returns
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5-7 years performing full charge accounting, as well as preparation and compilation of financial statements in accordance to GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently with little supervision
- Experience with commonly used ERP software programs, Microsoft Office (Excel is required), Access, Internet, etc.