Senior Accountant- Irving, TX
Senior Accountant- Job Duties:
- This is a contract role expected to last 4 months.
- Responsibilities include developing, implementing and/or maintaining one or a combination of general accounting systems.
- Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Balances books periodically and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements.
- Maintains receipts and disbursement reports.
- May prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- May interpret reports and records for managers.
- Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- 4-year degree in accounting or related field
- CPA or on track for CPA highly preferred
- 3+ years general ledger accounting experience in a large corporation
- SAP or other large ERP experience
- Strong analytical skills in reviewing trend data and exception recognition
- Strong experience creating and analyzing large amounts of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to engage and influence multi-level staff up to executive management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP principles and internal control environments
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $37.50 - 40.00 per hour
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.