Looking for a great growth opportunity with a dynamic organization? This leading wholesale distribution company is seeking a GL Accountant to join their diverse, collaborative Accounting team.
What we're looking for in the GL Accountant:
- Experience in performing the accounting close and reporting the results
- Desire to own the month end close process, and take an interest in learning the 'why''s behind the business that effect the financial reporting process
- Comfortable with basic to intermediate accounting knowledge using US GAAP
- Diligent in performing recurring banking activities, various reconciliations and identifying discrepancies
- Organized in dealing with external auditors and tax compliance matters
- Wants to be part of a team. Opportunity to learn, teach, and be developed into greater responsibility and along a career path of growth.
- Desire to take on increasing responsibility and management duties within the department
- Constantly looking for ways to improve your quality and time to complete activities in support of the team and internal customers
- Comfortable in admitting lack of knowledge in an area and a desire to learn in order to improve personal & job related skills
Desired Qualifications for the GL Accountant:
- B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Minimum 3 years' experience in accounting
- Organized and detail oriented in fast paced environment
- Attentive to daily and weekly deadlines
- Analytical, flexible and eager to learn
- Able to work in a team based culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For immediate and confidential consideration, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.