Amazing opportunity to continue growing your career as a Senior Accountant at a successful Real Estate company located in Pasadena.
location: West Hollywood, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Support Controller by preparing various ad hoc reports for active development, redevelopment and tenant improvement projects
- Prepare monthly and quarterly real estate development cash spending and job cost reports
- Establish initial project budgets and update as needed, including preparation and analysis of overall building budgets
- Prepare real estate basis analytics in conjunction with Yield on Cost calculations
- Act as a liaison between the Accounting Department and regional field personnel to ensure all project budgets are accurate and updated timely
- Participate in monthly meetings to determine the status of real estate developments
- Analyze and maintain the job cost sub-ledger, including processing and recording of all job cost allocations, accruals, capitalization entries and transfers to fixed assets
- Prepare quarterly real estate development reporting packages, including tenant reports
- Reconciliation, tracking and billing tenants for additional tenant improvements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including supporting analytics in preparation for SEC disclosure via the Supplemental and 10Q/10K packages
- Produce monthly real estate development loan draw packages & requests to lenders
- Provide support with a variety of special projects, including external and internal audit requests and ad hoc reports for management review
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Technical accounting research skills desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels including, but not limited to HQ/field personnel, senior management, lenders, consultants, etc.
- Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- JD Edwards accounting software experience desirable
- Public commercial real estate experience or general contractor experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.