Accounts Payable Specialist
We are working closely with a top local company who is searching for an Accounts Payable Specialist for a project in the Wilmington DE area.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 21 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 0 Years
The Accounts Payable Specialist should have an eye for detail, ability to work in a high volume environment, handle multiple tasks, and able to meet deadlines. These roles handle internal and external customer inquiries and will require the candidate to have excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency and a passion for customer satisfaction. Strong proven computer skills including Excel are a must.
The candidate will be responsible for a variety of accounting tasks related to servicing vendors and clients:
- Codes invoices and accounts; reconciles and researches customer information; and processes account transactions to ensure quality output and timely payment of invoices.
- Performs research and reconciliation functions necessary to update and maintain account information. Performs basic data entry within department systems.
- Monitors and flags expense reports for policy exceptions or violations.
- Clears and matches account information and processes expenses and vendor payments.
- Utilizes mail opening equipment to open mail and sorts mail by document type (invoice, statement, correspondence, check, other).
- Batches invoices received in groups and prepares for scanning. Scans invoices into the system for payment processing.
- Researches and routes mail not scanned to other lines of business for processing.
- Performs clerical functions necessary to support the Accounts Payable Department.
Click to apply.
skills: Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.