Staff Financial Auditor
We are seeking an individual with 1-2 years of accounting and audit experience for a staff auditor position to join the company's internal audit department. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the execution of the company's annual SOX Program, as well as other projects and audits within the Internal Audit Department. The staff auditor role is key in drafting and executing test plans, assisting with walkthroughs of the company's key financial controls, and deficiency remediation. This position will report directly to the Manager, Financial Audit.
Assist management and the Internal Audit team to evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of financial internal controls by:
- Evaluating the effectiveness and adequacy of financial internal controls:
- Conduct and document walkthroughs of key financial reporting processes
- Assess and execute controls testing, derive conclusions and establish recommendations for issue remediation.
- Assist in reviews of SOC-1 reports
- Creating work products such as audit analyses, correspondence, reports, and working papers that document audit procedures, findings, and recommendations.
- Assisting financial audit manager and seniors to liaison/ partner with the business in support of their needs to design or remediate controls - this will include effectively interacting with control owners, managers, and internal audit.
- Assisting in other Internal Audits or investigations where needed. These audits may include:
- Travel/Entertainment expense audits and risk-based audits deemed significant through the annual enterprise risk assessment process.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $59,000 - 62,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
1-2 years of experience in Accounting or Auditing position or related discipline
Ability to perform problem solving/logic/root cause analyses
Ability and willingness for limited travel (10%)
Click to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.