job summary: Office Coordinator/book keeper and Personal Assistant to an Executive
This job is multi-dimensional and will require multi-tasking. The person will be working in a wide capacity in terms of bookkeeping, invoices and bill payment. Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail plus flexibility is a must. Quickbooks is a strongly recommended plus PowerPoint skills and working knowledge of excel. Ease with technology is a must and an accounting background will be most helpful.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization to engage, educate and empower our next generation with a focus on youth (ages 16-18). This is a start-up organization and as such, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of our work, including: making appointments, following up with emails when appropriate, being the administrative liaison, keeping track of expenses (bookkeeping with Quickbooks), filing documents, and being proactive so that President can focus on the most value-added aspects to grow our company.
Personal Assistant work is required in order for the President to be able to focus on her job. This work will encompass such things as mailing things, ordering items, getting things fixed, etc. It will not be the main part of the job but can occur at times. Other tasks include filing, organizing, greeting guests, ordering office supplies, keeping track of vacations, business card filing plus creating holiday cards.
The ideal candidate is passionate about education and nurturing young leaders as social entrepreneurs.
The person is:
- Multi-tasker and can work under pressure
- Organized and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Meticulous, detailed-oriented and highly organized
- Proactive and independent
- Creative and innovative
- Extremely flexible and adaptable, with a growth mindset and a drive for continuous improvement
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Good communicator orally and in writing
location: Greenwich, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Accounting: Bookkeeping, invoices and bill paying, and assisting with preparing 990s
- Office Coordinator: water plants, greet guests, coordinate meetings
- Operations: Assisting with various projects and documents related to GCI
- Personal Assistant: Scheduling, dealing with vendors, holiday cards, mail, personal errands, filing documents
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Very Detai Focused!!
- Quickbooks knowledge and good with numbers
- Ease with technology
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience and life's wisdom is a plus
- Experience in startup, non-profit and/or education fields a plus
Click to apply.
skills: Powerpoint, Excel, Quickbooks, Word
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.