Responsible for managing the activities of general accounting functions. Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies. Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. May act as a liaison between the company, government and CPA auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s). Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules. Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers and/or functional peer group managers. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Manages, through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of activities of a section or department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees. In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and may not have subordinate employees.
location: Henrico, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 34.50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Manage all accounting activities related to general ledger accounting, variance analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation. Responsible for the financial statement closing process and internal and external reporting requirements for the PCS business.
- Collaborate with PCS and MMS business partners to monitor and enhance underlying business operations and processes to ensure the integrity of financial transactions. Provide direction on PCS requirements relating to MMS interfaces to ensure accurate and efficient transaction processing.
- Provide decision support, financial analysis, internal control guidance and other assistance to key stakeholders, as it relates to core operations and restructuring. Participate in forecasting and budgeting activities for the business unit and the accounting department.
- Participate in the development and implementation of company and department objectives, and align, set and monitor career and incentive performance goals for the Compensation team. Direct responsibility for performance and development of accounting staff to learn, grow and be successful in roles
- Research and integration of existing and developing GAAP and statutory reporting to ensure Company compliance with authoritative and regulatory requirements
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures concerning accounting, including the Company's internal control structure and Sarbanes-Oxley required testing, and facilitate completion of audit requirements. Identify process improvement opportunities and lead improvement projects.
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience. Thorough knowledge of accounting policies, practices and systems
Click to apply.
skills: Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.