Randstad Professionals have an excellent opportunity with a Major Financial Institution in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, NC
The Specialty Accounting Group (SAG) is made up of several key corporate staff functions, including Corporate Human Resources, Corporate Properties, Enterprise Information Technology, Enterprise Global Services, Enterprise Marketing, Government, International and Community Relations and Corporate Communications.
The SAG Controller organization is responsible for executing activities to create and maintain an effective financial control environment. The Group Controller Team works with the business lines to manage the risk profile, produce accurate accounting and SEC/Reg Reporting and maintain adequate controls for the SAG enterprise-wide accounting functions, including equity, deferred compensation, incentives, pension, severance, benefits, payroll, leasing, and technology.
Tasks to be performed by Role:
- This position plays a key role within the SAG International Group Controller Model focusing on process improvement and accounting support.
- This role will further strengthen International control environment and facilitate best practices in both new and existing International locations.
- This role will partner with all various Lines of Businesses to determine on-going framework for International Payroll, Compensation and Benefits.
- Recommend, consult on implementation and communicate best practices and procedures for financial controls and business processes.
- Role will analyze and develop long-term strategies to optimize LOB processes.
- Role will be subject matter expert on processes and provide guidance on control, risks and efficiencies.
- Support SAG Group Controller by providing consultation and guidance to SAG LOB's for certain Corporate Governance compliance issues, policies and standards, and Regulatory Reporting requirements.
- Consultation on LOB Control Environment & Process for International Payroll, Compensation & Benefits
- International General Ledger Mapping & Testing for Payroll & Benefits conversions
- Ex-Pat Accounting
- Local Statutory Reporting support
- FATCA compliance
- Month-End Reporting
- FTE STAT Entries
- Ex-Pat Accrual Accounting
- Regulatory Reporting
- LTCAP Accounting
- Payroll & Benefits Accounting
- Control Environment
- Reg W
- FBAR Compliance
- KPMG & Internal Audit requests
- SOC-1 Review
The environment is rapidly changing due to regulatory reform and ramping up of international activities. The ability to identify ways to maintain strong controls and compliance in a rapidly changing environment is critical in this role. A successful candidate will demonstrate the flexibility to solve issues and must have a high level of customer service acumen.
Key customers/partners are Corporate Controllers, Global Payroll, Compliance, FOMC, Corporate Compensation, Line of Business Managers and the SAG Finance and Accounting Groups.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $40.04 - 45.02 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
Duties may include:
- Providing technical assistance on major transactions and product development; coordinating with outside counsel or advisor on major projects, litigation or lobbying efforts; preparing or supervising preparation of protests, rulings and memoranda on audits; reviewing financial and regulatory reports; communicating practices and procedures for proper financial control; recommending changes to the companies accounting policies and standards based on changes in governmental regulations and generally accepted accounting principles; articulating impact of policy changes to senior management within business group/organization.
- Applies extensive specialized knowledge and acts as internal consultant or final authority in area of expertise.
- 7+ years accounting experience.
Click to apply.
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.