The Tax accountant is responsible for all tax accounting for the organization, retaining tax records, filing tax returns and preparing related reports. Being able to recommend tax strategies by researching, interpreting and implementing organizational requirements related to tax laws is a plus.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Communicate and resolve tax jurisdiction issues, vendor requests, member inquiries and documenting company tax positions
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge
- Understanding of General tax experience, state and local tax
- Maintain the Tax Calendar
- Prepare state and local property tax returns
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns
- Prepare business licenses and miscellaneous tax filings
- Assist with tax audits including responses to any queries from the tax authorities.
- Research projects and other tax projects as they arise
- Assist in federal and state audits
- Determine if clients claiming sales tax exemption qualify as exempt as well as explain sales tax charges to clients disputing them
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area
The ideal candidate will be organized, analytical and place high priority on attention to detail. Must be able to organize and manage numerous tax projects with internal personnel as well as third party.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1+ year experience in tax prep
- Proficiency in excel
- $60k-70k Annually
Feel free to reach out to Rachel Crissinger directly at Rachel.Crissinger@RandstadUSA.com or 602.977.1114
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.