Our client is a leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 65 countries around the world.
We are looking for a hands-on Financial Analyst to cover for a team member on maternity leave. The candidate in this role will gain a breadth of financial services knowledge and experience working in our client's largest division.
The Financial Analyst is a key contributor to the Consumer Services/Decision Analytics (CSDA) business. This position will be responsible for supporting the CSDA Sales team. In addition to monthly and quarterly reporting and administrative functions, this role also provides consultative support to guide and facilitate strategic business objectives. This is a hands-on analytical role in a fast-paced environment that will report to the Finance Director - CSDA Sales. Heavy emphasis is placed on analytics, data mining, model development, and business partnering in support of this highly visible sales channel.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Sales compensation related activities, including commission goal tracking, supporting payment calculation, and revenue analysis.
- Monthly and ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting of revenue.
- Monthly forecasting of sales revenue.
- Front facing sales support - daily interaction with sales team to help drive strong revenue results while tightly managing incentive compensation costs.
- Coordinate all data requests including but not limited to budgets, forecasts, strategic plans, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Business partnering with Sales leaders and associates to understand unique and changing business requirements.
- Data mining and analysis of customer specific information and trends.
- Manage month end incentive compensation activities.
- Automation and streamlining of work flow and processes.
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced Excel proficiency (model building, pivot tables, VLookups, if statements, etc.)
- Advanced Access, Hyperion and SQL proficiency
- Knowledge of Sales reporting systems
This is a terrific opportunity to gain experience as a Financial Analyst for one of the most reputable companies in their industry!
Click to apply.
skills: Excel, Excel Macros, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.