Randstad Professionals is looking for a Cash Applications candidate for one of our clients in Valrico. The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for the daily activities related to posting payments from the various lock boxes to the customer accounts. This individual will also be responsible for the research and resolution of aged unidentified and unapplied cash receipts and the accurate posting to customer accounts. The position mandates a thorough understanding of the Cash Application process and will require a confident and self-motivated individual. WORK EXPERIENCE
- Advanced and demonstrated proficiency in utilizing the financial applications Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Experience will include a 3-5 year established track record of success in prior positions overseeing the cash applications function including experience with automated cash applications.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Ability to analyze and disseminate large amounts of data. Ability to reconcile accounts.
location: Valrico, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $31,000 - 35,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Oversee the daily processing of cash receipts and postings to customer accounts, including payments made by credit card, lockbox, ACH/Wire and branch deposits as well as other adjustments to customer accounts for credits/debits and account write-offs.
- Processes inquiries and research requests received by the collections team in order to resolve customer account discrepancies and/or questions.
- Oversees the research, resolution and reduction of aged unapplied cash receipts and postings to customer accounts. Will interface with Credit and Collections team members, Billing team members, branch operations and others within the company to troubleshoot and resolve customer payment discrepancies.
- Will play an essential role in assisting the Credit and Collections Manager in developing, implementing, and monitoring standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure cost effective work flow in research and resolution of unapplied cash, investigate methods of improving the capabilities of the organization through changes in structure, technology or method.
- Monitors/measures receivable performance, including monthly metrics and provide support/reporting to the Credit and Collections Manager and Controller. Reviews a variety of reports, documents and on-line data systems to research problems.
Contact email@example.com if you fit the requirements for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.