Business Project Senior Specialist
Responsible for facilitating processes and program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive program-level continuous improvement across the enterprise for master data operations and toolset. Coordinate master data processes to support ongoing maintenance of master data. Engage directly with stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques. Helps other team members communicate, coordinate and cooperate; assisting the team in meeting their delivery goals. Creative data and/or information problem solving as required. The work is organized based on the Agile framework and needs to be executed on a tight schedule. Participate in Quality Assurance of master data.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.83 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Supports Leadership by providing process/project management advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Partner with the leadership to manage agile delivery of the portfolio of work, the requirements and priorities as well as how it aligns to their strategic roadmaps.
- Aggregates team objectives into Program PI Objectives, creates and publishes roadmap for visibility and transparency
- Encourages team and program level quality practices and Communities of Practice around SAFe, Scrum, and Agile program management
- Facilitates Rolling Wave and Pre- and Post- PI Planning
- Helps manage risk and dependencies
- Responsible for program planning, demo, inspection and adaption, synchronization, release planning and improvement planning
- Continually identify and implement processes and influence tool efficiencies, to improve workflow and data quality.
- Establish and execute on business policies, standards and procedures to ensure end to end operations within the committed time and budget.
- Develop organizational strategies by identifying and researching master data including reference data management approaches; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing overall data management objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Effectively partner teams and team members to assist with forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Work with the resource managers to monitor resource capabilities and arrange for coaching, training or resource adjustments from master data and/or reference data tool usage perspective.
- Facilitate and guide the development of metrics, structure of studies, benchmark initiatives, and data collection methodologies in support of business requirements
- Define and consult on measurement strategies, tools, scorecards and surveys across organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to stay abreast of business and technical team needs and to communicate master and reference data management priorities and initiatives
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience, with 3+ years of experience in a management type role.
- Demonstrated core project management skills including project planning, scope management, issue and risk management, resource planning, financial management, etc. (Preferably Project Management or Scrum Certified)
- Strong problem-solving, critical-thinking skills, strong business acumen and the proven ability to articulate objectives.
- Sound understanding of Agile Methodology. Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year using Rally for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skillset
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills-comfortable presenting to senior leaders in the organization.
- Experience with continuous quality improvement methods and tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.