Billing Analyst - Retail Power
An innovative retail energy company is seeking a flexible, fast-paced, and highly adaptable Billing Analyst to join their team! This person will work in a deadline oriented, high responsibility, high energy trading environment.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 31 per hour
work hours: 7 to 4,9 to 6,8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 3 Years
- Billing - Responsible for creating, validating and sending Retail Power invoices in a timely manner.
- Collections - Monitor the Retail Power Aging reports and follow up with customer on open AR past due balances.
- Maintain constant communication with our customer and address all customer inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Manage all retail invoicing and validation aspects for EDFs' Retail Portfolio for C&I Gas/Power customers.
- Act as the main point of contact to research and resolve billing disputes and provide timely resolution on any issues.
- Constantly review and analyze the AR Aging report and follow up with customers & engage the appropriate internal groups to take appropriate action when aged balances are not paid in full.
- Implement new measures to improve quality control process for outgoing invoices.
- Prepare monthly detailed analysis on billed revenues for the month, including Volumetric.
- Analysis, Invoice vs. Accrual Analysis, LDC Balancing (Local Distribution Company), etc.
- Monitor changes to billing determinants and incorporate into billing process.
- Perform accounting functions and reconciliations as needed.
- Provide data collection and reporting assistance during internal and external audits.
- Train new team members and constantly review the training materials to ensure these documents are updated and relevant.
- Deliver complete, accurate analysis on complex issues impacting with minimal supervision on customer related issues, and propose appropriate course of action to the impacted internal and external parties.
- Validate and reconcile daily, weekly, and monthly activity with the LDCs we do business with, including volume analysis and financial analysis to ensure accuracy of balancing and pooling fees, as well as to reconciling and valuating our storage inventory.
- Document and collect all necessary support prior to making any volumetric adjustments to the monthly LDC Balancing Review.
- Provide detailed supporting documentation on any P&L swings or adjustments needed if there is a significant variance between forecasted vs actual billed revenue.
- Prepare, review, and approve all billing related activity prior to uploading into the accounting system.
- Qualified candidates will have a degree in accounting, finance, economics, business OR an equivalent combination of working experience, education and training.
- A self-starter with a solid understanding of power markets and deal flow with 2+ years' experience.
- Retail Power billing experience in the ERCOT market.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are critical
- Solid foundation with the MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Good understanding of business processes and data management.
skills: Billing, Commercial Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.