Senior Project Accountant
Senior Project Accountant - (Accounting and Reporting)
Job Title: Senior Project Accountant
Compensation: 75-95k depending on the level of the candidate. This is with a 10-15% bonus.
PERKS: Rapidly growing company, a really interesting, long-term project
Location: Boston (this is a national company with sites in 3+ states)
Reports to: Project Controller
Company: Asset management firm with a large RE portfolio
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Review expenditures in NEXUS (AP system) & MRI (GL system).
- Be available to respond to internal & external inquiries.
- Ensure accounting transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and review the calculation of development and cost-plus fees
- Record month-end journal entries and facilitate the closing process.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation (cash, AP, AR, etc.).
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger and updating supporting schedules and workbooks.
- Produce monthly flash reports for distribution to investors.
- Participate in and help with the quarter-end close process.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly financial statements and investor report
- Maintain partner capital accounts.
- Assist with ad hoc reports to investors.
- Identify accounting and procedure issues and make recommendations.
- Approving weekly check runs based on cash balance and initiate cash transfers.
- Approving monthly vouchers for debt service payments.
- Providing accounting support to External Clients and Internal Staff:
- Respond to all inquires relating to reports, tenants and procedures for portfolio.
- Prepare specially requested projects or reports.
- Assist with and review annual budget preparation.
- Must maintain knowledge of tenant leases (i.e. rent increases, options, special clauses, letter of credit). Prepare distributions and maintain priority return schedules.
- Prepare annual workpapers and work with external auditors. Prepare tenant CAM & RE Tax calculations and billings.
- Analyze and review general ledger, financial statements and variances. Prepare reporting package for review.
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Assist Accounts Payable and Property Managers with proper invoice coding. Enter and apply property cash receipts.
- Gather, organize and track all invoices from internal staff. Prepare lender requisitions for development projects.
- Reconcile requisition to general ledger for payment accuracy.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business would be ideal but not necessary
- Exposure to commercial RE is absolutely necessary
- 5+ years Real Estate accounting experience.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks! Strong communication skills.
- Reporting experience, think about how you will articulate this
- Reports directly to Controller/ VP-Accounting & Administration
- Need to be able to work with; Partners, Accounting VP, Property Managers, Project Managers and Accounting Staff
- Exposure to Yardi and MRI preferred
skills: Property Accounting, GAAP, Financial Reporting - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.