Payroll Coordinator - Irving, TX
Payroll Coordinator - Job Duties:
- This is a contract role expected to last 9 months.
- Perform daily, quarterly and annual payroll department operations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Accurately prepare and process hourly and salary employees pay based on pay frequencies.
- Load and validate files received from field for processing.
- Review and validate payroll accuracy before releasing for final confirmation.
- Validate new hire/rehire set up and taxation.
- Understand proper taxation of earnings and deductions.
- Monitor and validate taxation for state and locals as needed for accurate payroll.
- Process garnishment orders timely to maintain compliance.
- Validate and review KRONOS time and attendance as needed to ensure accuracy in pay.
- Outstanding check reconciliation.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc).
- Develop and process ad hoc earning reporting as needed or requested.
- Process off-cycle manual check as needed for missed pay and terminations according to state regulations.
- Manager payroll inquires by working assigned tickets and email requests within predetermines SLA's.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Document and update payroll processes and procedures.
- Preferred Working knowledge of Workday, Kronos, and ADP garnishments and banking.
- Minimum 2 years payroll processing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in multi-state payroll environment.
- Preferred Certified Payroll Profession (FPC, CPP)
- Payroll experience in : Complex earnings (examples Ex Pats, Stock Purchases, Relocations, Hypo Tax, Imputed Income, Deferred Compensation), payroll tax reconciliation and set up validation (states and locals), W2c processing and review, Garnishments (ADP Garnishment system), banking (ADP money movement system), verifications on employment notices.
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
Responsible for performing one or more of the following activities: processing new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, computing and processing time sheet data, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays; maintains vacation, sick leave and worker's compensation records; compiles reports on base and premium pay; posts entries to journals; prepares tax deposits and reports; generates checks; and researches and produces special reports.Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
2+ years of payroll experience required
Payroll experience in : Complex earnings (examples Ex Pats, Stock Purchases, Relocations, Hypo Tax, Imputed Income, Deferred Compensation), payroll tax reconciliation and set up validation (states and locals), W2c processing and review, Garnishments (ADP Garnishment system), banking (ADP money movement system), verifications on employment notices.
Comfortable user of Microsoft Office 365 (strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required)
Familiarity with Payroll Systems: Workday and/or Peoplesoft is preferred.
Familiarity with Time Keeping System: KRONOS Version 8 is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.