Commercial Portfolio Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for underwriting, servicing, and managing a substantial portfolio of business loans, both secured and unsecured, many of which involve large investments, balances, and/or important clients. Responsibilities include underwriting, portfolio management, and servicing. In addition, participates in some calling on prospective and existing clients to support and grow portfolio while maintaining satisfactory asset quality and sufficient returns. Demonstrates broad experience in the loan generating process.
location: Annapolis, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
1. PORTFOLIO MAINTENANCE AND SERVICING:
2. PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT:
- Responds to client questions and requests promptly.
- Assists Relationship Manager with loan closings, funding loan proceeds and documentation.
- Works in cooperation with Loan Support and Loan Operations to resolve questions, complaints, and or errors.
- Resolves problems on accounts to the satisfaction of the customer and benefit to the bank. Contacts client for any required updates or renewal information.
- Maintains quality credit files.
- Review quarterly submissions form C&I clients and reports results to bank's credit committee.
- Monitors submissions of financials to make sure they are received on time.
- Demonstrates understanding of loan risk rating system and properly grades loans.
- Maintains portfolio delinquency rate within established guidelines.
- Completes periodic loan reviews and recommends potential watch list loans.
- Develops action plans for problem loan workouts including restructuring.
4. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
- Demonstrates good underwriting skills with new requests, renewals, and restructures of existing loans.
- Performs and/or reviews financial analysis of borrower and determines strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepares and presents requests for approval.
- Follows up on document preparation and any technical exceptions.
- Helps in loan production by preparing for and calling on clients for new business.
- Assists with negotiating loan terms and structure based upon loan purpose, sources of repayment, collateral value, etc.
- Generates referrals from client base for loans and other bank products, including deposits, consumer products, etc.
- Participates in outbound calling efforts and external and internal business networking.
1. Complete all required training by designated due dates.
2. Complete other duties as directed by Department Manager or designee.
- External Relationships: Frequent over the phone and/or in-person contact with customers and business owners.
- Internal Relationships: Contact with all levels within the company. This position must be effective with a range of staff.
Job Specifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Work requires a broad level of professional experience in commercial lending to include thorough knowledge of commercial underwriting guidelines and related regulations. Level I will require a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Ability to utilize standard computer based software to prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are needed to effectively work with clients to explain products and interpret policy. Inter-personal skills are needed to maintain positive rapport with internal contacts.
- Various situations require a substantial degree of analysis, interpretation and evaluation. Situations encountered include facts, issues and circumstances, which are significantly different from those previously addressed. These situations call for the consideration of alternative courses of action and of their consequences before taking or recommending further action.
- Position makes decisions within the framework of practices and procedures and/or precedents or well-defined policies.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Intermediate proficiency on keyboard and ability to learn a variety of financial software.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ yrs experience in accounting, banking, finance, commercial, retail, and / or mortgage lending. Related work experience, demonstrated performance ability, and size and complexity of assign portfolio will be examined.
The incumbent in this position works in an office environment and uses standard office equipment.
If interested, please contact Mark Hays at 410-783-8524 or email@example.com
skills: Finance, Commercial Lending
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.