Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland Chief Executive Officer
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore is at a critical juncture in our journey to serve young people throughout Baltimore. Today, there are over 125,000 young people residing in Baltimore City, many of whom experience the daily challenges of living in underserved and often overlooked neighborhoods. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore must become a key contributor to the youth service landscape - and eventually - must lead the way in fighting for the needs of young people across the city.
To lead us into our second decade of existence, the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore is recruiting a new CEO.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
Specifically, a leader that:
Key Areas of Responsibility & Expected Outcomes
- Has experience, energy, and the ability to express the B&GC vision
- Has a proven and tested record of fundraising success
- Is empathic and has an ability to galvanize staff toward our goals
- Understands what makes Baltimore great, and how the B&GC contributes
- Consistently contributes to and learns from the youth development profession
- Seeks new ways of doing things while honoring traditions and Brand imperatives
- Engages Board members and inspires them to commit their energy to the organization
- Has a proven business skillset, combined with a heart for youth development
- Demonstrates significant understanding of nonprofit financial oversight and governance
Leadership, Service, & Team Development
- Ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Clubs and community:
- Maintain an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes.
- Drive and ensure delivery of programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes.
- Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures.
- Facilitate a culture of growth at all staff levels, ultimately ensuring all staff members have a clear understanding of their contributions, performance, and future path within the organization.
- Lead strategic planning processes in conjunction with Board of Directors, resulting in the development and implementation of high quality strategic plan(s) on an ongoing basis.
- Identify, recruit and develop committed and effective board members.
- Facilitate Board committees ultimately driving active participation by Board in key organization functions.
- Ensure the annual budget is funded and organization has adequate cash flow.
- Develop strategic plans to generate revenues through a variety of fund raising techniques.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit donors of all levels.
- Plan, fund, execute, and review a variety of special/fundraising events.
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Expected Outcomes (cont.)
- Develop, implement and monitor the Club's annual budget.
- Implement administrative and operational systems to support effective operations with specific attention to financial and grant administration.
Technology & Infrastructure
- Develop and implement plans for updating existing technology and resources:
- Ensure the acquisition and allocation of funds for implementing and updating existing technology and resources.
- Ensure the maintenance of Club technology and information management systems.
- Develop significant collaborative partnerships across all sectors.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Ensure visibility of Club programs, services and activities.
- Implement a robust marketing and communications plan, ultimately ensuring visibility of the organization's work within the greater Baltimore community.
The CEO must be a passionate advocate of BGCMB's mission while also a service-minded leader. Ideal candidates must have experience leading an organization through a period of growth and transition while maintaining focus on both youth development outcomes and organization growth.
- Financial savvy, business acumen, and financial oversight experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement effective operations.
- Ability to effectively review, and revise organization policies, procedures, and related oversight.
- Overall leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving and decision making.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- A minimum of ten years' experience in managing programs or operations in a nonprofit agency or transferable experience in the private sector and a passion for the mission of the organization.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. An MBA or other relevant advanced degree is desirable.
If interested please reach out to John Evans at John.Evans@randstadusa.com (Boy's and Girl's Clubs Baltimore Metro Board Member and Randstad Recruiter). John Evans
Recruiter, Finance & Accounting Randstad Professionals 120 E. Baltimore Street, Suite 2220 Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: 410 783-8522 John.Evans@randstadusa.com Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-evans/2/282/39a ------------------------
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.