Highly rated and former "DFW's Top 100 Places to work" has a great opportunity for the right individual! This fun and friendly mid-size public accounting firm is in search of a Tax Senior to join their outgoing team in Dallas!!
This mid-size public accounting firm provides accounting services in the automotive, construction, healthcare, real estate, not-for-profit, manufacturing & high tech, and state and local tax.
In this position, the ideal Tax Senior would have potential to be on a fast-track to partner.
The ideal Tax Senior should:
- Experience in real estate arena preferably from a midsize/smaller firm
- Atleast 7+ years of tax experience
- Great personality and a "do-er" attitude
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Review tax returns prepared by staff in the Tax department or staff in other departments, recognize various tax issues that may exist including proactively addressing tax issues and conducting appropriate research regarding client's tax issues in order to resolve them.
- Assume responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation process to assure accurate, complete and timely tax returns by providing review notes on engagements so that staff can develop their skills.
- Assume full client responsibility for tax returns/projects as deemed necessary with signatory duties.
- Supervise and/or coordinate phases of engagements including planning engagements, set budgets for time and expenses direct/instruct staff, where applicable, in work to be performed and monitor actual performance against budget.
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional standards and firm policies.
- Proactively address tax issues and conduct appropriate research regarding client's tax issues in order to resolve them.
- Prepare/Review personal tax projections through utilization of computer software.
- Correspond with taxing authorities to resolve client problems of any sort and draft letter of response for Partner review and signature.
- Maintain knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Work to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Participate in firm's practice development efforts including expanding services to clients.
- Act as a resource for tax preparers and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Prepare tax accruals as may be required in preparing corporate tax returns.
- Draft proposals for new business.
- Be available for internal and external speaking engagements.
- Assist with monthly client billings as requested by Partner.
- Participate in Career Development sessions with Staff.
- Begin to generate new business for the firm on a regular basis.
- Develop professional relationships with clients, prospective clients and outside professionals.
To apply, please submit your resume today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.