We are recruiting for a Payroll Specialist to join a team of three to tackle timecard processing for 3,500 people in a multi-state environment using Ultipro. Come join this stellar team and company and enjoy the perks of working on the water in Seattle!
location: Bellevue, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 52,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Process multiple bi-weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Maintain knowledge of tax rules and regulations that govern payroll administration practices and ensure that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies, as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform General Ledger reconciliation process for all payroll accounts. Generate reports for actuals and accruals. Work with the Finance department on bank reconciliations.
- Set up, process, and maintain changes to an employee's voluntary and involuntary deductions such as direct deposits, benefits and garnishments.
- Reconcile and calculate payroll adjustments, issue checks, process manual checks and void checks as needed.
- Assist with filing all required payroll tax reports and processing payments.
- Prepare accounts payable garnishment check requests and 401(k) wire payments as required.
- Assist department managers and staff by answering payroll procedural questions, as well as researching and resolving payroll problems and discrepancies.
- Run and provide post payroll reports for 401(k) and deferred compensation to facilitate reconciliation for proper financial reporting and auditing.
- Process all taxable fringe benefits along with all other year-end entries; review and assist in the distribution of employee W-2s.
- Work with HR department and employees to process replacement payroll checks.
- At least a two year business degree with an accounting emphasis.
- Minimum of 3 years of heavy payroll processing experience in a multi-state environment.
- Experience handling bonuses, 401(k) and other benefits.
Please Click to apply!
skills: 401K, Human Resources, Unemployment, Payroll Tax, Payroll Processing, Data Processor, Withholding Taxes, Payroll Tax-Multistate, 1099s, Federal State Reports, Payroll - 500+, W-2 End of Year, Workers Compensation Reporting Claims
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.