Compliance Analyst - AML/BSA
The position interacts with the internal Payment Services team members , as well as other internal U.S. Bank departments (i.e. Corporate AML, Compliance, Risk, Audit) to ensure compliance with various BSA/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws,regulations, and corporate policies and standards.
The position may also assess high-risk products and processes within Payment Services and provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and support to the Payment Services team members. Responsibilities include:
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 8-4
education: No Degree Required
experience: 3 Years
-Performs initial and ongoing EDD reviews of the highest-risk customers in the Payment
Services lines of business
- Conducts qualification reviews of high- and moderate-risk customers and determines the appropriate risk rating
- Creates risk acceptance documentation to support the raising or downgrading of high-risk customers for management approval
- Ensures Payment Services lines of business are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies related to EDD
- Works with Corporate AML to obtain analysis of laws and regulations and interprets policy
requirements to support EDD compliance on an ongoing basis
- Maintains a high level of compliance awareness and knowledge to effectively support EDD and other related areas of responsibility
- Partners with Payment Services lines of business and Corporate AML to address issues identified through regulatory and audit testing and analysis
- Recommends customers for closure and for further investigation where risk tolerances are exceeded
based on EDD reviews
- Ensures that EDD compliance files are maintained, thoroughly documented, and AML risks are responded to in a timely manner and mitigated where applicable.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, relevant work experience
- Three to Five years of financial experience in the compliance, BSA/AML, or Sanctions Screening (OFAC) disciplines, including:
o Comprehensive understanding of AML/BSA/OFAC regulations. A self-directed and independently motivated individual, who places a high value on organizational skills and maintains strong business acumen
o Successful employment record with a multitude of resources, including varying knowledge,
tenure, and managerial skill levels o Ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment and can adapt to situational changes with ease and fluidity o Knowledge of government (federal,state and local) and regulatory laws and regulations o Strong organization and analytical skills o Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and communication (including presentations) skills
oProficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced degree
- Prior card issuing or merchant acquiring background.
skills: Fraud Investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.