Power Settlements Analyst
An international retail power company is seeking a Power Settlements Analyst to join their team! On a daily basis this individual will work in a deadline oriented, high responsibility, high energy, trading environment. This is a visible position entailing considerable interaction with the front, middle and back office groups. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to transition into to the commodities trading side of the industry. If you are qualified for this role, please apply!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 43 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Individual will report directly to the Manager of Power Settlements and will work in a deadline oriented, high responsibility, high energy, trading environment. This is a visible position entailing considerable interaction with the front, middle and back office groups.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly settlement of physical and paper trading activity (Accounts Payable/Receivable)
- Coordinate with counterparties to resolve invoice reconciliation discrepancies proactively and timely with others across capabilities including scheduling and trading team to improve overall customer experience
- Track payments and assist in following up with all non-paying counterparties.
- Resolve tag cuts with counterparties, track input to deal capture system, and insure settlement from all parties involved.
- Assure accuracy and integrity of activity recorded in general ledger
- Assist with generation of invoicing statements and cash forecasting, communicating progress with settlements and finance team
- Work within settlements team on responsibilities during busy times with cross training, ad-hoc reporting, audit inquiries, and process improvements
- Assist in reconciliation and invoicing of managed assets and trading including settlement with associated power pools such as ERCOT, MISO, CAISO, and PJM
- Understand contract details, fees, rates, and payment schedules to ensure all items for payment are captured in a timely manner
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements around settlement and accounting processes
- Perform month end close accounting entries and account reconciliation.
- Provide data collection and reporting assistance during internal and external audits.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance OR equivalent work experience.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a solid understanding of power markets and deal flow with 3-5 years' experience.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are critical, as well as a solid foundation with the MS Office Suite, and more specifically Excel.
- Experience with OATI and power ISOs preferred.
skills: Trading, Trade Settlement, Cash Forecasting, American Contractor, Establish Payment Terms
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.